From his first pen design, called KRUBATON, Louis Krudo has evolved this KOMPENSATOR design to encompass more flexibility and style while keeping the unique Krudo design aesthetic.
With a lifetime love affair of pen and ink, Louis Krudo has, once again, turned the ordinary into the extraordinary. KOMPENSATOR is his first interchangeable pen tip design. Drawing on rich history and actual mastery of the inkwell from his childhood days, Krudo brought that idea of the old to the modern era.
When we asked Louis Krudo about the thought behind including an fountain pen nib, this is what he told us:
“I was taught how to write with an old fashioned fountain pen where the shaft was made of wood in a teardrop shape and the nib was replaceable. I used an ink well and a blotter. That was a mess! Ultimately I became very proficient.
My actual love for fountain pens started when upon entering college, my parents gave me my first fine pen, a Montblanc Meisterstück Fountain Pen, which I still have. Writing with it gives me warm feelings and good memories.”
All KRUDO Knives products are limited run pieces and KOMPENSATOR is no exception. This is a first run of only 300 pieces. Be sure and add this modular pen to your EDC line-up!
- Material: 6061-T6 Aerospace Aluminum
- Diameter: 0.543”
- Length: 6”
- Weight: 1.3 oz.
- Color: Black Anodized
- Clip: CNC Titanium, Natural Color
- Ballpoint Tip: Medium
- Fountain Nib: Fine Tip
- Cap: Screw On
- Ballpoint Cartridge Replacement: 98mm length. Compatible Ballpoint G2 Replacements; i.e. – Schmidt #P900M; #P950M; Fisher #PR4
- Fountain Ink Cartridge Replacement: Compatible Bore Diameter: 2.6 mm, 51-52 mm in Length – Example #1 Example #2 Example #3
KOMPENSATOR Modular Ballpoint Pen Includes
- 1 Umeya G2 Standard Ballpoint Cartridge 98 mm – Medium Ballpoint
- 1 Fountain Pen Nib – Fine Point
- 1 Black, 2.6 mm Bore Fountain Pen Ink Cartridge
Designed in the U.S.A. by Louis Krudo.
All aspects of production of KRUDO Knives designs are overseen by Louis Krudo — relentlessly, meticulously, verging on OCD, mixed with odd hours and lots of hot coffee.
Built in China and hands on, quality controlled in Cave Creek, AZ, USA.